REQUIREMENTS TO OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT & MERCHANT ACCOUNT
In order to better serve you and avoid any possible delay in the account opening process for your Bank Account, we kindly ask you to complete and provide the following forms and requirements set forth below:
1. Bank Account Application Forms
- Complete Corporate or Personal Application for a Bank Account – This form needs to be completed thoroughly and capture the signature of the authorized signatories to the account
- Bank Mandate
- Due Diligence Form
- Online Banking Form
- Signed Standard Terms & Conditions of the Account
- Director and Shareholder’s Declaration Forms
- Merchant Internet Service Agreement (Provided by Bank once Merchant Application is pre-approved (required only for Merchant Application)
- A clear legible certified/notarized copy of a valid passport for each beneficial owner, director and authorized signatory.
3. Proof of Address
- A recent original utility bill (telephone, gas, electric etc) for each beneficial owner, director and signatory (issued no more than three months)
- One original personal bank reference based on a banking relationship of at least two years for each beneficial owner, director and signatory. The reference must be issued on the bank’s official stationery, state the name of the account, type of account, date the account was opened, how the account is conducted and whether the account is in good standing.
- One original professional letter of reference from a Certified Public Accountant or a licensed Attorney; for each beneficial owner, director and signatory. The letter must be issued on official stationery and based on a professional relationship of at least two years.
5. Cashier’s Check for initial deposit of 4,000 in the respective currency
6. Company Documents
- Certified copy of Certificate of Incorporation
- Certified Articles and Memorandum of Association
- Certified copy of Share Register
- Certified copy of Corporate Resolution of the Appointment of Directors, and Register of Directors
- Certificate of Good Standing (required only if the company has been in existence for 12 months or more)
Required for Merchant Accounts only
- Copy of the most recent financial statements for each said beneficial owner
- Merchant Business Plan containing minimum – executive summary, background information on the company, directors and owners, description of product or services and long-term strategic plan etc.
- If an existing merchant copies of processing statements are required for at least 6 months
All documents are to be notarized if the company is not registered in Belize
7. Other Products & Services available
- International Credit Card, Visa Debit Card and Prepaid Visa & Mastercard
- Merchant Account
REQUIREMENTS FOR A CREDIT FACILITY (LOAN) ACCOUNT
In order to better serve you and avoid any possible delay in the process for your credit facility (loan) request, we kindly ask you to complete and provide the following forms and requirements set forth below:
1. Account Opening Application Forms
- Complete Personal Application for a Bank Account – This form needs to be completed thoroughly and captured the signatures of the said beneficial owners and authorized signatories to the account.
- Bank Mandate – Certified Extract of Board of Directors regulating the conduct of this account.
- Due Diligence Authorization Form (to be completed for each said applicant)
- Signature Card
- Online Banking Form- Personal/Corporate Account
- Standard Terms & Conditions (Read Only)
- A clearly legible “certified” copy of a passport photo identification (with passport number and nationality) for each said beneficial owner and authorized signatory.
- One bank reference for each beneficial owner and signatories to the account. The reference must be an original on the bank’s letterhead and should state the name of the account, type of account, date account opened, average balances for at least 12 previous months, how the account is being conducted and any other relevant information.
- One reference for each said beneficial owner and signatory to the account from an accountant or attorney.
- Proof of Address – A copy of recent utility bill for each said beneficial owner and authorized signatory to the account.
- Copy of the last three years income tax returns for each applicant (applicable for Personal application)
4. Corporate Documents
- Certified copy of Certificate of Incorporation
- Articles and Memorandum of Association
- Certificate of Good Standing (if company has existed for 12 months or more)
- Resolution of Appointment of Directors and Registers of Directors & Members of the company
- Copy of the last three years Financial statements of the company
- Business plan containing at the minimum the following: executive summary, background information on the company, directors and owners, purpose of loan, long-term strategic plan etc.
- If credit facility required exceeds US$1 Million, copy of the most recent audited financial statement and auditor’s report of the intended borrower
If the Credit facility is in a Personal Name, submit items 1 thru 3.
If the Credit facility is in a Corporate Name, submit items 1 thru 4.
REQUIREMENTS TO OPEN A DEBIT CARD ACCOUNT
In order to better serve you and avoid any possible delay in the account opening process for your Visa Debit Card account, we kindly ask you to complete the following requirements set forth below:
1. Complete and Sign the Debit Card application. Include your existing bank account Personal Identification Code (PIC).
2. Submit the application form to the Bank
- Via scanned email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via Mail at The Matalon Business Center, 2nd Floor, Belize City, Belize, Central America
- Via Fax at (501)-227-0986
3. State your preferred method of delivery of Card and PIN. Please note the card and PIN will be sent out separately for security reasons, therefore two sets of mails will be sent to you.
- Via FedEx, a cost of US$75 per mailing
- Via Registered mail, free of cost but will take 4 to 6 weeks depending on destination
- Overdraft Facility